General Meeting of Shareholders
The General Meeting of Shareholders is the highest governance body of MMC Norilsk Nickel responsible for making decisions on matters most critical to the Company. A full list of matters within the remit of the General Meeting of Shareholders is detailed in the Company’s Articles of Association. Nornickel has in place the Regulations on the General Meeting of Shareholders, detailing the procedures for convening, preparing and holding general meetings.
The notice of a General Meeting of Shareholders is published on Nornickel’s website at least 30 calendar days prior to the date of the general meeting.
Except for the cumulative voting to elect members of the Board of Directors, each voting share represents one vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders.
Three General Meetings of Shareholders were held in 2021, and a high level of shareholders’ attendance was maintained. The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders during the COVID-19 pandemic was held in absentia using an e-voting service. Each year, more and more shareholders take advantage of this service enabling them to vote regardless of their location. E-voting is available both
General Meetings of Shareholders held in 2021
19 MAY 2021 — AN ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS (HELD IN ABSENTIA)
- The Meeting approved the Annual Report, annual accounting statements and consolidated financial statements for 2020.
- Profit for the period was distributed, and the resolution on FY 2020 dividend payout was passed.
- A new Board of Directors and Audit Commission were elected; resolutions on remuneration of members of the Board of Directors and the Audit Commission were passed.
- The auditor was approved to audit Nornickel’s Russian accounting (financial) statements for 2021, consolidated financial statements for 2021 and interim consolidated financial statements for 1H 2021.
- An interested party transaction (liability insurance of members of the Board of Directors and the Management Board) and related interested party transactions (indemnification of members of the Board of Directors and the Management Board) were approved.
- The Meeting resolved to reduce the Company’s authorised capital by cancelling the shares repurchased by the Company, and amend the Company’s Articles of Association.
- A resolution to pay the 9M 2021 dividend was passed.